Wait! Before we get to links I have something else I want to talk to you about.
It’s late September and I’m talking about the holidays.
Okay! Now that that’s out of my system, let’s also acknowledge that 80% of Americans buy gifts online. And wouldn’t it be lovely if they bought those gifts from your Etsy shop/online store/blog? Yeah, I think so too.
But what if your online space isn’t quiiiiiite ready for an influx of visitors? Dude, I can help.
Each month I help small businesses and creative entrepreneurs with their online presences through my Solution Sessions. It’s an awesome (and big) consulting package, filled with lots of different takeaways - none of which I offer a la carte. Until now! (please read that in your best monster trucks announcer voice.)
* You buy a Holiday Presence package
* You send me your URLs (blog! shop! social media profiles!)
* I stalk your online life and send you 15-20 actionable, profit-increasing, awesome-i-fying suggestions
* You spend October implementing said suggestions to make your online presence as amazing a internet-ly possible
* In November, your ad goes up on Yes and Yes, introducing your products (and your newly improved online space) to 11,000+ people and 3,000+ newsletter subscribers
* You make waaaa more sales and enjoy lots of traffic and new readers
* We send each other internet high fives. Yes? Yes.
Sound like something you’re interested in? Fantastic! Check out my traffic stats here and then drop me a line at sarah (at) yesandyes (dot) org.
Okay. Onto the links!
20 quick tips for writing great blog posts.
Mix up the length of your posts – short can be sweet but long can be epic!
When an idea strikes – drop everything and capture it!
Do everything you can to understand who is reading your blog – it will make you more useful to them
What’s the difference between flat rates and hourly rates? And which should you use?
If you’re tired of hearing about marketing funnels, then you should read this post about the much more fun-ly named ‘salesnado’.
Did you know that super successful people share a lot of the same habits? Let’s steal 9 of those habits!
Talk is cheap and meaningful customer relationships are built on promises. Same goes for your personal life, right? Well, maybe. Success is built on mutually trusting relationships with just about everybody. If you say you’re going to walk the office dog? Well, you’d best walk the office dog.
NBD. My True Story: I Waited Till Marriage To Have Sex post was on the front page of the Subreddit: Sex board and I still get heaps of traffic from it. Want to get a link on the front page of Reddit? Here’s how.
Have you read anything particularly helpful lately? Leave links in the comments!
photo by kennymatic // cc